Whatwere the BENEFITS?
- analysis of user journeys shows impact of changes to content and features, helping to increase content consumption
- machine learning models enable personalization of content, improving viewer retention
- analysis of live-streaming and traffic enables scaling of resources to cater for viewing spikes, without loss of quality
With Google Cloud, we can now use real-time data to efficiently shape the viewing experience for our viewers. It’s exactly the competitive advantage we needed to ensure that Telewizja Polska can continue to get our high-quality content to as many viewers as possiblePiotr Zimak, Head of Efficiency for Internet Platforms and Services,
TVP Telewizja Polska
Whatwere the CHALLENGES?
- the arrival of global streaming giants HBO Max and Disney+ in 2022, and SkyShowtime’s launch in 2023, are adding to Poland’s already crowded television market, threatening Telewizja Polska’s market share
- before turning to Google Cloud, Telewizja Polska was dependent on an external data analytics company for digital viewing insights
- for Telewizja Polska to continue to reach the widest possible audience, it is important for the broadcaster to be able to compete on the same footing as the data-driven streaming platforms
How did we DO that?
- we implemented an end-to-end data collection process, by standardizing data and creating video-content tracking plans
- we established good governance and secure access-management policies
- when an issue arose with video-data analysis during the proof-of-concept phase, we realized the problem was caused by a variation in standards across viewers’ TV devices; to solve the issue, we began using the Google Analytics Measurement Protocol, resulting in far more input data